KAMOOPS SQUASH BOX LEAGUE
- Boxes will be set up more or less monthly. Usually the boxes will be posted in the first few days of the calendar month.
- Each box will usually consist of 4-8 players, playing each other once during the month. The typical player will play 3-7 matches a month.
- Each match is best 3 of 5 games. Games are to 11, Point a Rally scoring.
- Scoring Points will be awarded for each game won, and an additional point for each match won.
- Highest total Scoring Points wins the Box
- In the case of a tie, the winner is the winner of the head-to-head match. In a three way tie, the winner is the player who allows the fewest points to the other players.
- Usually, the top 1-2 players of each box will move up one level, while the lower 1-2 players will move down a level. The remaining middle players remain in the same box for next month’s play.
- If there are significant additions/deletions from the roster of players this will shuffle all boxes below: the League administrator reserves the right to change the order and ranking when determining the boxes.
- If you sign up and commit to a league spot for a month you are expected to play your matches.
- Matches will be scheduled at a mutually agreeable time by both players.
- Matches may be played at any time during the month but must be completed and reported by the last day of each round.
- Any player who fails to show for a box match that has been mutually scheduled will forfeit the match . The box coordinator will verify the ‘no show’ by speaking with both players involved. The player who was present at the scheduled time will be given a default victory and the match will count as being played for that person.
- Players must complete at least one of their matches to be automatically included in the next month’s box.
- Strokes and lets: since you will be playing without a ref, strokes should only be awarded if both players are certain and agree – otherwise play it as a let call.